Today on my blog I have author Scarlett Dawn talking about her five favourite things. Take it away Scarlett!
1. My family. I’m married and have three wonderful teenagers. I also have two crazy boxers. My household is always bustling. I adore it that way…until I need quiet for writing time. LOL
2. Driving. Yes, driving. It’s where I do my best brainstorming for writing. I turn the radio up, sing like an idiot, and let the ideas come. It’s my “peaceful” place.
3. Cheese fries. Mmm-hmm. I don’t think that needs any further clarification. Wait! And ranch for dipping.
4. Movies. I adore movies. My current favorite is The Host.
5. Books. My all-time favorite book is Branded by Fire by Nalini Singh. Not only is she my favorite author, but I completely fell in love with this story. It was beautifully crafted and grabbed my attention right from the start. *if anyone wants to read it, I would suggest starting with the first in the series, Slave to Sensation*
I’ll leave you with the cover for Scarlett’s New Adult paranormal, King Hall
King Hall — where the Mysticals go to learn their craft, get their degrees, and transition into adulthood. And where four new Rulers will rise and meet their destinies.
Lily Ruckler is adept at one thing: survival. Born a Mystical hybrid, her mere existence is forbidden, but her nightmare is only about to start. Fluke, happenstance, and a deep personal loss finds Lily deeply entrenched with those who would destroy her simply for existing — The Mystical Kings. Being named future Queen of the Shifters shoves Lily into the spotlight, making her one of the most visible Mysticals in the world. But with risk comes a certain solace — her burgeoning friendships with the other three Prodigies: a wicked Vampire, a wild-child Mage, and a playboy Elemental. Backed by their faith and trust, Lily begins to relax into her new life.
Then chaos erupts as the fragile peace between Commoners and Mysticals is broken, and suddenly Lily realises the greatest threat was never from within, and her fear takes on a new name: the Revolution.
(links to all retailers)